General information for Bangladesh Visa
Bangladesh Tourist Visa Requirements
Bangladesh tourist visa requirements may vary depending on your nationality, purpose of visit and length of stay. Let's follow the easy steps:
There are different types of visas for Bangladesh, such as tourist visas, business visas, journalist visas, student visas, work visas, etc. The validity and duration of stay of each visa type may vary depending on your nationality & purpose of visit. You can check the specific requirements for each visa type here.
What do I need for a visit to Bangladesh?
Generally, you will need the following to be able to travel to Bangladesh:
– A valid travel document (passport) with a minimum of 6 months of validity & 2 blank pages
– A valid visa (See below for information on visas.)
– A proof of vaccination status or a negative COVID-19 test result (see below for details)
– A return or onward ticket for your exit plan from Bangladesh
– A proof of sufficient funds
General Requirements for Bangladesh Visa:
You can apply for a visa online through the Bangladesh Online MRV Portal or through a Bangladesh embassy, high commission or consulate in your country. You must fill out an online visa application form, print it and submit it along with the required documents and visa fees. The visa fees vary depending on the type and duration of the visa. You can check the current visa fees here. An incomplete application form or one with incorrect information or inadequate supporting documents may be rejected without citing any reason. If the visa-issuing officer deems it necessary, they may call the applicant in for an interview.
Arrival travelers who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can enter Bangladesh without needing to quarantine or present a negative COVID-19 test result, must carry their vaccination course that was completed no less than 14 days prior to arrival. Bangladesh will accept any internationally recognized proof of COVID-19 vaccination record as evidence of their vaccination status.
Any arrival travelers or passengers who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 must present a negative RT-PCR-based COVID-19 test result taken within 72 hours of departure for Bangladesh. They will also need to undergo health screening measures on arrival and may be required to take another PCR test or isolate at a government facility if they show symptoms or test positive.
You can find more information on the entry requirements for Bangladesh on the websites of the Bangladesh Immigration and Passport Department.
Consular Service Application System
Processing time: Minimum of 05 (five) working days for standard delivery and 3 (three) working days for rush/express delivery.
Step 1: The applicant or an authorized representative must submit the application and contact information (mobile/telephone number and email address). Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. (may vary by region; verify with your local Consulate General).
Step 2: Interview (applicants will be notified via their provided contact information if an interview is deemed necessary)/ Notification of fee deposition information/application decisions, etc.
Step 3: Collect the Passport between 15:30 and 16:00. Monday through Friday (may differ by region; consult your local Consulate General for details).
* Mission only accepts payments in equivalent local currency. At the time of submission, visa fees must be paid in cash to the consulate reception.
Consular Service Application System
Bangladesh Tourist Visa
Any foreign nationals of countries having diplomatic relations with Bangladesh and individuals attending symposiums, seminars, study tours, visiting friends and relatives, or traveling for tourism are eligible for a tourist visa to Bangladesh.
Tourist visa processing steps and system:
1. Please download the latest Bangladesh Online Visa Form from the website of your nearest Bangladesh embassy, high commission, or consulate, fill out it and send it by post/ physically along with all necessary documents. Or apply online.
2. Letter of invitation (Royal Bengal Tours will issue and supply it on time);
3. confirmed round trip/ onward flight itinerary/air ticket;
4. Hotel booking confirmation (not necessary if you have a letter of invitation from RBT);
5. bank statement with a satisfactory amount of money for the last 3-6 months;
6. Two copies of passport-size (35 mm x 45 mm) photograph with white background;
7. Passport copy of the database page and visa copy of your most recent visit to Bangladesh (if available);
8. A copy of your national identity/residency card;
9. Please make an appointment to submit the application to the Consulate General;
Consular Service Application System
Bangladesh Journalist Visa
Journalists of magazines, newspapers, TV or radio networks, news agencies, representatives of print, electronic, satellite media, and freelance journalists are eligible for a journalist visa for professional duty in Bangladesh. Applicants must also submit duly filled-in FF-I and FF-II forms and the visa application form. Processing time for a journalist visa depends on clearance coming from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The following paperwork and procedures must go along with the journalist visa application:
1. Please download the latest Bangladesh Online Visa Form from the website of your nearest Bangladesh embassy, high commission, or consulate, fill out the form, and physically visit the visa office with all documents.
2. A letter from his/her organization describing the purpose of his/her visits to Bangladesh;
3. Synopsis of the documentary or assignments on the letterhead of the organization (if applicable)
4. Crew lists with their designations and roles in this visit (if applicable)
5. List of the equipment you will carry along for use in Bangladesh (if applicable)
6. Letter from the local authority
7. An invitation letter from a local tour operator or agency (in Bangladesh) that will look after your logistics and local permits.
8. Duly filled in the FF-I and FF-II forms;
9. Two copies of passport-size (35 mm x 45 mm) photograph with white background;
10. Passport copy of the database page and visa copy of your most recent visit to Bangladesh (if available);
11. A copy of your national identity/residency card;
12. Please make an appointment to submit the application to the Consulate General;
Visa on Arrival in Bangladesh
Citizens of certain countries and foreigners with Bangladeshi roots can get a visa on arrival for a maximum of 30 days at international airports and land ports in Bangladesh as long as they meet specific requirements and the immigration authority is satisfied.
1. Nationals of countries where there is no diplomatic mission of Bangladesh;
2. Foreign investors/businesspeople with invitation letters from the interested/required body attested by the Board of Investment (BOI) of Bangladesh or Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority (BEPZA). In this case, the interested/inviting organization must notify the immigration and passport authorities prior to the arrival of the foreign visitor(s);
3. Only for official duty, business, investment, and tourism, citizens of the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Russian Federation, China, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and the countries of Europe.
4. Any foreign national entering Bangladesh from a country other than his or her own where there is no Bangladeshi diplomatic mission;
5. Bangladeshi-origin foreign citizens, their spouses, and children, based on their evidence of Bangladeshi origin;
6. The personnel/officials of foreign missions, the United Nations, or its affiliated organizations located in Bangladesh, upon examination of their appointment letters or other relevant documents. Only UN passport holders will be granted a visa upon arrival at no cost.
Bangladesh Visa on Arrival Requirements:
o Payment of visa fees must be made in foreign currency (US dollar, GB pound, Euro, etc.);
o To enter, visitors are required to have at least US$ 500.00 or its equivalent in foreign currency, either in cash or on a credit card;
o They also need to have a return or onward flight ticket;
o Visitors must have the required documents to support their purpose of visit;
o No visa fee will be applicable for the visitors from those countries which are exempted from visa fee;
o Visa on Arrival fee will be applicable based on reciprocity.
Extension of visa:
The Department of Immigration and Passports Authority may extend a foreign visitor’s visa in accordance with the extant Visa Policy if the foreign visitor’s visa needs to be extended after arriving in Bangladesh under Visa on Arrival.
Passengers waiting for connecting flights will be granted a transit visa for a maximum of 72 hours or until the next available flight, upon request from the concerned carrier. To accomplish this, US$ 20.00 or its foreign currency equivalent must be deposited into the designated bank account.
• The consular officer may request additional documentation if necessary.
• Foreign citizens/nationals of India and Pakistan traveling by air to Bangladesh with a valid visa for at least 90 days are required to REGISTER at the airport. Such registration must be accomplished at the District Special Branch (DSB) / City Special Branch (CSB) closest to the land port of entry.
• A visa extension request must be submitted prior to the expiration of the current visa. A penalty for overstay will be imposed if a visa extension application is submitted after the visa’s expiration date. • After entering Bangladesh, visa categories cannot be altered.
Despite these obstacles, the tea workers possess a robust sense of community and solidarity. The cultural practices, cuisine, and lifestyle of the tea laborers have become an integral part of the region’s identity and are a must-see for anyone interested in the cultural diversity of Bangladesh.
The Plight of Tea Workers in Bangladesh.
Frequently Asked Questions about visa to Bangladesh
Can I fill out my visa application in a language other than English?
No. Currently, the online visa system only supports applications filled out in English.
Will I be able to access the online application system using my computer?
An ongoing effort is underway to support as many operating systems and browsers as possible, but due to some technical limitations in our online visa application system, there are certain browsers we exclude due to their age or design. Currently, recommended to use either IE 5.0 or later or Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or later.
Can I save my application midway through the application process?
You can save your online visa application whenever you see it by pressing the “Save & Exit” icon. You can re-login at any time to complete your visa application, but you must keep your unique “Visa Application Id” safe and use it while re-logging in. This unique ID will be sent to the email address you have used in your visa application security details.
• Online forms in progress are saved for 7 days and will be automatically deleted after 7 days. You have to return and complete it within 7 days.
• You will be asked to fill out and submit a new application if you try to submit an expired application form for a visa application.
I do not understand one of the questions. What can I do?
The applicant will find “More Info” icons next to some questions that might require further guidance.
I made a mistake in one of my answers. Can I change it?
All applicants must check and re-check the entire form, information, and supporting documents, before submission. No changes can be made after submission.
The date I entered is not being accepted. What is the correct format?
All date fields in visa application forms are set up in the following format: dd/mm/yyyy (for example, 20/04/1984).
I have not received my completed application confirmation email. Can you resend it to me?
You must get a system-generated email confirmation if there was no mistake in the email address. Sometimes email confirmation ends up in the SPAM folder; please check all folders in your mailbox. If you have not received your confirmation email after 24 hours, please contact us through the “Complain and Feedback” link.
I am unable to retrieve my application. What can I do?
This happens when the applicant does not save their application by selecting the “Save & Exit” option flagged by the following image on the application form. Check if your application has exited the 7-day progress period or not! If yes, you have to start it over again as a new applicant. If you are sure you saved your application in the last seven days, empty your browser cache (temporary internet files) and try again.
How can I change my appointment location?
After the final submission, you can’t edit the appointment location or make any changes.
Can I get a refund?
Can I pay for my visa application online?
Yes, you can, but not at every embassy, high commission, or consulate. Please contact your nearest Bangladesh embassy, high commission, or consulate for this specific issue.