Trip to Sundarbans
$387 tour starting at
Trip to Sundarbans, the world’s largest single-block mangrove forest, is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Sundarban forest hosts an incredible faunal and floral diversity, including probably the largest remaining population of endangered Royal Bengal Tigers, endangered Ganges River dolphins, estuarine crocodiles, and an astounding variety of birds.
A short trip to the Sundarban forest includes three days and two nights by houseboat inside the forest. The boat will be the base station for accommodation and meals. The houseboat carries a wooden row boat to explore the creeks in the morning and late in the afternoon. Accommodations are twin-sharing basis on the bunk-bedded cabins, and freshly prepared meals are served on the boat. Guests with special dietary restrictions should inform us at least five days before the departure. There are no shops or human habitation inside the forest; every essential element should be bought and carried along from the Khulna/ Mongla town. We are not allowed to serve any alcoholic beverages. However, foreign nationals may carry their own drinks along.
This itinerary is a standard travel plan for Sundarbans around Kotka and Kochikhali wildlife sanctuaries. We are knowledgeable enough to tailor a travel plan through other locations for visitors with special interests in wildlife or specific research.
A comfortable boat with a well-trained crew team is necessary and the guide is the main vital point of the Sundarbans trip. Only the expertise and knowledge of a guide can connect you with the forest’s ecosystem, wildlife, and climate change effects on the vulnerable livelihood around. Only a handful company have been keen to study the forest and maintain their standard on each individual trip the way they should be. A trip to Sundarban can be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity or just a picnic, depending on whom you are traveling with! A knowledgeable guide is that much essential for this trip. We are pretty serious about this.
We see eco-aware tourism as an essential way for people to understand the Sundarban and join the movement for its protection. If you are interested in birdwatching, wildlife spotting, stargazing, serendipity, and wilderness over luxury! In that case, we are probably a good match. Join our exciting cruise to explore this complex network of tidal waterways, which is a natural treasure of Bangladesh and India.
- Our understanding of the forest is unparalleled.
- Our boat offers simple but comfortable accommodations.
- We prefer slow over loud, tranquillity, not crowd.
- Our customized trip itineraries guarantee exceptional, safe, memorable experiences because we adapt to predictable and unpredictable circumstances.
- We serve scrumptious, locally sourced food prepared with attention to dietary preferences.
- We care about sustainable tourism and wildlife conservation.
- The trip, as per the itinerary-by a special houseboat.
- Country boat for exploring the creeks early morning and late afternoon
- Forest armed guards during the trip inside the forest
- Twin-sharing basis accommodation onboard
- Freshly prepared meals onboard
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide
Personal expenses, forest entrance fees for foreign nationals, Dhaka-Jessore/Khulna mode of travel, any transfers, gratuities, or any activity not specifically mentioned in the itinerary
- Transfer from your hotel/ residence to the domestic airport/train/bus station in Dhaka
- Dhaka-Mongla/ Khulna transfer by reserved or public transports
- Dhaka – Jessore flight tickets
- Jessore – Khulna/ Mongla (houseboat) transfer by reserved vehicle
- Expert bird-watcher, researcher, academics or specific expert person for knowledge assistance in Sundarbans
- Air ambulance service or seaplane service for any emergency evacuation
- Accommodation in Jessore, Khulna and Mongla
- Homestay with the local community at the fringes of Sundarbans Forest
- Day trip to otter fishing village during the day or at night in Narail
- Excursion to Bagerhat UNESCO world heritage sites and some other important archaeological sites of the area.
- Travel package to Barisal floating market and overnight launch journey towards Dhaka
For your comfort, we request you to travel as light as possible.
However, we suggest you bring to the following items: any medicine advised by the doctor for regular use | Binoculars | Towels | Umbrella or Raincoat | Torchlight | Suitable Clothes | Camera, memory cards and rain protector | Mosquito repellent | Board Games | Reading material | Swimming gears | Suntan lotion | jungle shoes & Sandals | and the drink you would miss the most |
- Visiting Sundarban forest without permission and forest armed guards from the forest department
- Drones of any kind, private firearms, and pets without proper permission from the respective ministry
- Bonfire, committing any harm to the forest or wildlife
- Poaching, buying, selling, consuming and opting to own any animal or products made from endangered plants or animals
- Catching or chasing any animals in the forest
- Cutting, extracting or damaging any flora
- Leaving behind any non-biodegradable elements in the forest, rivers or creeks
- Using any loudspeakers in the forest
- Getting off the boat except at any indicated places (for your own safety and to reduce the human presence in a wild place)
- Any actions that may bring a negative impact on the ecosystem
- Trip Price
- $ 240
price starts from
Group Size → 8 PAX 9 PAX 10 PAX 11 PAX 12 PAX Per-person trip price → $320 $300 $280 $260 $240
We need a minimum of 8 PAX to run this trip on this particular boat. Nevertheless, we can arrange a right boat for any individuals or smaller groups.
Forest permission fees for foreign nationals: $100 per person for 3 days
Single supplement: $ 150
This trip is based on a small boat having 6 twin sharing bunk-bedded cabins, a versatile kitchen, really knowledgeable nature guide.
Please contact us for any research program, finfoot spotting, customized travel plan, or filming in Bangladesh Sundarbans.
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, closed shoes, hat. Warm jacket during the winter (November to February). Raincoat/ umbrella during the rainy season (May to August).