ROYAL BENGAL TOURS
Discover the jewels of Bangladesh
Sightseeing and River Cruise
It’s an ideal opportunity for those who living in Dhaka and running out of time for several days trip. This combine trip allow you to explore the Old capital of east Bengal ‘Sonargaon’ folk art museum and archaeological site of Panam Nagar together with a couples of hour cruise on Meghna river. ‘Meghna’ is one of the major rivers in Bangladesh out of around 217 rivers. Bangladesh is a big delta in South – East Asia and a land of rivers. All the way from Himalaya most of the rivers of the country has been flowing through down to the Bay of Bengal (Indian Ocean). Without exploring the life on the bank of the rivers a trip is not complete here. Rivers are erasing lands in one side and giving some new lands from silts and sediments on the other side what we call ‘Char’. Life is very much connected and influenced by the river here for fishing, agriculture and so on. During this trip you will be getting off some of the ‘Char’ or in a village on the bank of the river and talk to the locals, take lesson from their story, join them in agricultural work, in some point you are welcome to go for a swum for fun as the water is fresh. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant. Around 8 in the morning we will start from Dhaka for Sonargaon by reserved vehicle. After a quick visit to Folk Art Museum and Panam Nagar drive to Bydder bazar to avail a country boat for cruise. You will return home late in the afternoon. This trip could be combined with half day sightseeing trip in Old Dhaka instead of Sonargaon with 5% extra charge.
Trip Price Shall Include;
o Air-conditioned vehicle, and driver.
o Local English speaking guide.
o All entrance fees and necessary permits.
o Local Bangla food for lunch
o Bottled water for drinking.
o All rickshaw and boat cruise as per itinerary.
o All tips except our guide and driver.
• Trip price does not include any expenses of personal nature like – drink, beverage, or any others.
Some tips to keep in mind;
• While visiting any religious places mosque, temple or church in Bangladesh, we advise to wear long trousers and sleeves. Covering the head by a scarf of any women guests will be appreciated, and must take off the shows during entering into the religious place. Shorts dress are not acceptable in any holly place.
• Sonargaon Museum closed on Wednesday and Thursday, 1 to 1:30pm prayer break on Friday. Ahsan Manjil (Pink Palace) Museum closed on Thursday & Friday open from 3:30 - 6:00 pm. Lalbagh Fort Museum closed on Sunday & Monday. During Ramadan: All Museums are closed on Thursday & Friday.
• Pick-up time will be 9.00 am during Fridays, Saturdays, and other govt. holidays, as there would be less traffic on the streets during these days. For hotels located in the southern part of Dhaka city, pickup time will be at 9.00 am (changeable upon request) for Tour.
• We’ll require the full payment in advance in order to confirm booking of this tour.