Half day Old Dhaka tour lasts for 3/4 hours, an ideal trip for a person having short time between business meeting or has couples of hours before leaving Bangladesh after couples of days official trip. This will be a very brief introduction trip to Old part of Dhaka city. Walking through the heritage and chaotic habitation would give an experience that you have never thought of. Within this short time our guide will try to take you to as many as possible, hence although we have quite a big list of attractions. Key places are Armenian Church, Pink Palace, Sadarghat River front, Star Mosque, Dhakeswari Hindu Temple, Lalbagh Fort, National Parliament Building (from Outside), Curzon Hall. Walk through Shankharia & Tanti Bazar (Hindu Street). This is about 4/5 hours trip, so it could also be started by the afternoon, museum might be closed by then. Better to start 8 O’clock in the morning from the Diplomatic zone, depending on the distance of starting point, time could be modified.
Trip Shall Include;
o Air-conditioned vehicle, and driver.
o Local English speaking guide.
o All entrance fees and necessary permits.
o Bottled water for drinking.
o All rickshaw and boat rides.
o All tips except our guide and driver.
• Trip price does not include any expenses of personal nature like – drink, beverage, or any others.
Some tips to keep in mind;
- This trip includes some visits to religious places, therefore it is advised to wear long trousers and sleeves. Covering the head by scarf of any women visitor is not mandatory but appreciated.
- Ahsan Manjil (Pink Palace) Museum closed on Thursday, Friday visiting hours 3 pm to 7 pm and all other days 10:30 am to 5:30 pm (April - September), 9:30 am to 4:30 pm (October to March).
- Lalbagh Fort closed on Sunday and all other govt. Holidays, Friday prayer break 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm and all other day visiting hours are 10 am to 6 pm (April to September), 9 am to 5 pm (October to March). Ramadan schedule 10 am - 4 pm, prayer break 1pm - 1:30 pm on regular day and Friday 2 pm - 4 pm opens.
- Liberation war Museum 10 am to 6 pm (April to September), 10 am to 5 pm (October to March) and Ramadan timing is 10am to 3:30 pm. This museum is closed on Sunday.
- Taking pictures is welcomed and without any financial expectation in general, better to take permission before taking any pictures of any young girls, soldiers and the tribal peoples. It is prohibited to take pictures inside of any museums in the country.
• We’ll require the full payment in advance in order to confirm the reservation.